Whistler Friday Morning Coffee - December 2, 2016
The skiing over the past week has been nothing short of spectacular. We skied last Saturday in dry, thigh deep powder on Blackcomb. During the week we didn't get much more but as I write this it's now snowing again with another 15 cms expected today.
I frequently get asked where most Whistler buyers come from. Overwhelmingly, folks seem to think that with the strength of the U.S. dollar versus the Canadian that it's all American buyers here at the moment. While the exchange rate has caused a slight bump in U.S. purchasers here, for the most part that's simply not the norm.
Have a look at the chart below which shows our most recent stats from November that tell us exactly where all the Whistler ownership comes from. It's very telling and clearly demonstrates that most of the buyers are "rubber tire traffic" from the Vancouver/Lower Mainland area. Also, it's interesting to note that in all of the 2016 Whistler real estate transactions across all Whistler brokerages, to date we've only had one buyer from mainland China.
A couple of quick notes:
- 7291 Spruce Grove Lane is one of our new listings about to hit the market this weekend. It's a beautiful log home in Spruce Grove with an open concept and killer views of Blackcomb. Offered at $1,899,000. Full photos & video tour here.
- We've just listed a great studio plus loft at Blackcomb Lodge with views looking up towards the slopes of Whistler & the Peak 2 Peak Gondola. #236 Blackcomb Lodge is offered at $229,000. Full photos and details here.
- We've also just listed a 2 bedroom at #68 Glacier's Reach for $729,000. Because it's tenanted we're still awaiting access for showings and photos. Call or email if you're interested.
Ok, let's get right into all the latest listings, price reductions and solds in the Whistler & Pemberton markets over the past week:
- Click here for all the newest Whistler listings in the past week.
- Click here for all the price adjusted Whistler properties in the past week.
- Click here for all the sold Whistler properties in the past week.
- Click here for all the newest Pemberton listings in the past week.
- Click here for all the price adjusted Pemberton properties in the past week.
- Click here for all the sold Pemberton properties in the past week.
💥💥 If you own a home or condo in Whistler and you're considering selling, GIVE ME A CALL. 💥💥 There's NEVER BEEN A BETTER TIME to sell your home in Whistler or Pemberton and I want to show you how our highly targeted and strategic marketing plan has been paying huge dividends for our all our clients this year.
Lastly, if you're a buyer then don't forget to take advantage of the following ways we can help you in this hot real estate market to keep you abreast of all the newest listings in Whistler:
- Subscribe to The Linnell Group VIP List so that you get immediate notification of all new listings that we bring to market even before they hit the Whistler Listing Service or the MLS. Click here to be put on The Linnell Group VIP List and you'll hear about new Whistler listings brought to market by The Linnell Group before the ink is even dry on the listing agreement. Not all of them will be what you're looking for but at least you'll know first!
- Let me know EXACTLY what you're looking for and I can plug in your exact criteria into the "MATRIX Portal" which is the back end of our Whistler Listing Service. When anything comes to market that matches exactly your criteria set then you'll be notified right away. Hunting on WhistlerListings.com or Realtor.ca is for suckers. Tell us what your needs are and we'll set everything up so you get delivery straight to your inbox!